Welcome to another Transformation Tuesday Post here at Createyou86.
Today, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among women. More than 200 000 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected in 2015. Thousands of women will die of breast cancer but ground breaking research for the cure needs to be funded. A great way to help fund Breast Cancer Research is to purchase these special charms from Glamulet. Glamulet is a jewelry brand that specializes in Charms. Glamulet designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of modern and quality Charms that make possible to create a unique Bracelet. Most of these Charms are made of 925 sterling Silver, Swarovski Crystals, Murano glass and various kinds of man-made & natural stones. These charms are great for anyone you know who might be a survivor, know someone who has survived that are special to them, or even to memorialize those you or ones you love may have lost.
I wanted to share a personal story that is close to my heart to help show how resilient cancer survivors are. A few years ago i was getting married, and i had invited my cousin. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer, and had recently undergone a double mastectomy, and was still going through chemotherapy. The morning of my wedding was one of her chemotherapy days. She made sure to let me know that she would be attending my wedding. Her day went something like this (Wake up, get her kids out to school, have her sister drive her to Chemotherapy, and then when she was finished she drove eight hours to make it to my wedding, on time, and in fashion). There is no way for me to describe the joy i felt that she was able to make it to my wedding, and the admiration i felt for what she went through to make it to my special day.
One of the ways that we donated to cancer awareness is that instead of giving small gifts (favors) to each of the people who attended our wedding, we put a picture frame with a family members name who we lost to cancer on each table, and later that month we made a sizable donation to ACS (American Cancer Society).
I hope that you will consider purchasing this product to support this very important cause, and help to spread the word by sharing this post! Pink Limited Edition Charms were created to support the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. For every set of charms added to the cart, 50% is donated to a charity organization.
How do you support Pink October? Tell us a story, or let us know in the comments below!
*This is a sponsored post
Welcome to the last post in the September Is A Weird Month Blog Series here at Createyou86. We can't believe how fast this month has gone, and we really hope that you have enjoyed our different take to this month's series. We wanted to finish the month with an awesome round up for you of bloggers you may never have read before!
Beauty Benefits Of Yoga
Nothing Found For Paul Sanders
Hey Sadie Lee: Soakin' Up Summer
Top 5 Back To College Essentials Healthy Helper
12 Things You'll Forget To Pack For College
DIY Gallery Wall On A Budget In 3 Easy Steps
Lets Get Organized: Ways To Start The School Year Off With A Bang
Refresh Your Tub By Replacing The Caulk
How To: Denim On Denim Trend
Thank you to the Her Campus Blogger Network Facebook Group for these awesome round-up posts. We hope that you enjoyed this blog series, we certainly enjoyed keeping it weird for you :) Fall is our favorite time of year here at Createyou86, and we have tons of new, and life changing things happening so we also hope that you are looking forward to reading our October Blog Series called Falloween. The October series will begin on Thursday October 1, 2015.
Did you enjoy this different type of blog series? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another Week In Review here at Createyou86. Our solution to weekly journaling.
We are so excited that October is right around the corner, and we have so many great posts coming your way.
1. It is officially Fall! As of September 23, fall is upon us. For many of you that means breaking out your coffee mugs, hoodies, and boots. While we are still in California that means that it hasn't left the 90's yet, and we are still struggling with the heat. That will be changing for us soon enough, and we will be in the awesome autumn weather! You can find all of the things that we love about fall here.
2. September is coming to an end, and that means that a new blog series is beginning! Be sure to check out our October Blog Series FALLOWEEN. You can check out that series beginning Thursday October 1, 2015, and continuing Monday's, and Thursday's for the entirety of October.
3. The project that has been taking up most of our time over at Createyou86 is our Case Studies. I will be releasing the first case study in our October Blog Series. I will be releasing another case study in January. We are looking for quotes (about how you manage work, life, and blogging), and personal statistics (what your 4 main planner sections are) from anyone who would like to participate. The highlighted text will take you directly to where you can take part in these case studies or you can visit our Instagram account to take part as well. (DISCLAIMER: Your name From Facebook if you choose to participate through a Facebook group, YouTube, or IG handle may be used in our case study which means a lot of people will see it. Please let us know on your post if it is okay to use either of these!)
4. On top of all of this awesomeness we are still packing, and planning our cross country trip.
Did you get everything done on your to-do list this week? Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. You can also leave your case study information in the comments below we would love to hear from you !
Welcome to the eighth post in the September Is A Weird Month Blog Series.
WE MADE IT! It has officially been one year since the birth of our little Createyou86 blog. We can hardly believe how fast the time has passed. Although we are still a very small blog on the big internet we would like to thank everyone who reads our posts, leaves thoughtful comments, and encourages us to keep doing what we are doing.
We seriously love blogging! This has been a crazy experience, and we have learned so much from the blogging community. We have also learned from our readers. Here are a few things we have learned about YOU throughout our first year!
We are so excited to begin our second year, and to bring you a ton of new information, and ways to improve, and manage your life. Our blogging we feel has improved thanks to the information that comes from the awesome blogging communities that we are apart of. Our favorite community of course is the Createyou86 Planning & Blogging Mastermind Group our Mastermind Facebook Group which is dedicated to everything planning, blogging, and organization related. Something even more awesome is that it is an OPEN group, and We would love nothing more than for you to join our community, and share your knowledge. Some things that you can look forward to in the coming year are:
We sincerely hope that his past year has been as awesome for you as readers as it has been for us as bloggers. We also hope that you are looking forward to the year ahead, and seeing what else we are going to pull out of our sleeve.
Welcome to another Transformation Tuesday at Createyou86. This September Is A Weird Month Blog Series is full of firsts for us. This post is one of them. I have seen on Bloglovin that this is a pretty popular type of post so i figured i would talk to you about some of the products that we have loved this month, and in fact we have emptied them because we used them so much.These items are all available at The Dollar Tree.
The first item we purchased was the Pure & Natural Shampoo, and Conditioner. These products are Rosemary, and Mint infused. Both products have an enjoyable fragrance, and they are not too girly which i would say that a lot of men don't like the flowery smelling shampoos as James (the other half of Createyou86) had been using this brand, and scent, and really enjoyed it. The shampoo runs very fast out of the bottle, so be careful holding it perfectly up, and down. However, it lathers beautifully, smells great, and washed out cleanly, and easily (i can't stand shampoos, and conditioners that take forever to get out of my hair!) The conditioner leaves my hair not only smelling great for a long time, but it is super shiny, and very soft to the touch. These products are both hypoallergenic, and Paraben Free which is great for anyone with allergies. I am not sure if these are available in Pennsylvania so we will be purchasing a few more before our trip.
The second product we purchased was the Spa & Haus Gentle Cleansing Body Wash with Colloidal Oatmeal & Shea Butter (for skin relief). This product is dye free, and paraben free. One of the first things i did after we purchased this product was look up what Colloidal Oatmeal is. It turns out that this particular type of oatmeal is very finely ground oats that are used for itchy or dry skin, and can be very helpful when dealing with poison ivy. My skin is very dry, and living in a desert hasn't helped. However, this body wash has left my body feeling clean. Sometimes you buy body wash, and it leaves a weird film on your body, but this one cleanses, and leaves you feeling very clean, and soft afterwards. It also has a very nice scent for both males or females. (We still have a little bit of this left.)
I have to say for $3.00 i think that we did pretty awesome this month trying new products, and finding new products for super cheap that actually work, and that we really enjoyed using. (Don't you hate when you buy a product that you think will be awesome, and it turns out to be a dud?) We will definitely be purchasing these products again, and as i said most likely in bulk for our trip. I would encourage anyone with temperamental hair (very dry, or very oily) to try these shampoos, and anyone with finicky skin (the body wash has helped get rid of those annoying red bumps on my upper arms) to try the body wash.
We hope that you enjoyed this new type of post!
Have you ever used these products from The Dollar Tree before? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Welcome to the seventh post in the September Is A Weird Month Blog Series. Are you enjoying this series? We hope you are because we are having a blast writing it for you!
This may not seem weird to some of you, but my new obsession is very weird to me. Are you ready for it?.....It's the NEWS....well.... news mobile apps to be more specific. You will never find me watching the news EVER because THE NEWS ONLY BRINGS THE BLUES, but mobile news apps are awesome, and i can't get enough of them. I use Apple, and Android devices so i had to do some research for my favorite news apps. In their 9.0 update Apple has added a news app.
The reason i am obsessed with news apps is because i can choose what i want to read about, and just keep scrolling. There are almost infinite news articles that i can scroll through on tons of different topics. I feel that watching the news there is way too many biased opinions, and i am just not interested in that. On a news app you can select what topics you want to read about, and from what sources you want to read from, and continuously scroll encountering new stories that you may not have seen if you were watching the news. Since Apple now has a built in news app i don't have to waste more room or GB on my iPad Mini which is awesome. However, i have an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 to be exact), and i needed to look for a mobile news Android app. The best app that i have come across for browsing news on Android (and Apple) is Flipboard.
Flipboard is my favorite Android app because it is news, and social media in one., and you can make it a widget! Flipboard is definitely more interactive than the Apple News App in that you can add friends, and connect your social media accounts to see recent social media posts. By hitting the + signs you can create your own magazines of articles to save, and share (think Pinterest of news!) You can also share individual articles that you find interesting. I also love Flipboard because it is literally like flipping through a magazine in that when you swipe up, it flips a page!!!
What is your weird obsession? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another week in review here at Createyou86. Our solution to weekly journaling. This week has been pretty exciting between posting a few awesome reviews, to starting my first ever case study, but more on that below!
1. First i want to say that our September Is A Weird Month Blog Series is in full swing. We have really enjoyed writing these posts, and taking a different approach to September. Be sure to check that out on Monday's and Thursday's all month.
2. I have started research for my first of two Createyou86 Case Study. I will be releasing the first Case Study in our October Blog Series, and the second Case Study in our January Blog Series. ***********If you are interested in being apart of the second case study please SEND ME A MESSAGE with your name (or IG/Twitter Screen Name), and the four main sections in your planner. Any help with this would be much appreciated, and feel free to share this post with others to have them be included as well. We have had a ton of responses so far, and you may even be able to find these posts in a Facebook Group or two.
3. I am working on tons of new content for the blog. October, November, December, and January are all either in the works or are done being planned, and i can't wait for all of you to see it. The coming weeks will have lots of travel planning, cleaning, and rearranging to get ready for our cross country trip. We will definitely be keeping you up to date on our trip, and here is a list of places we are thinking of visiting along the way.
We hope that you had a great week, and thank you for hanging out with us here at our week in review. Did you get everything on your to do list completed this week? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to the sixth post in the September Is A Weird Month Blog Series, and another product review at Createyou86. We warned you that this week would be full of product reviews, and here is another awesome one weather you are an on the go mom, or a student who can't afford to spend tons of money on a salon manicure. This product will be perfect for you!
These products were provided by Brandbacker for me to test, and review.
We all remember the stick-on nails from when we were younger, and wanted to be just like our moms. THEY NEVER STUCK! Five minutes after putting them on your fingernails they would be flying all over the room making the time that it took to put them on seemingly useless. These nails are in no way like those nails.
I was impressed by imPress Press-On Manicure when i went to Rite Aid the other day to check out the product in the store. There were so many different classy colors, and most boxes come with optional nail decorations, or a few fancy accent nails to provide a little pizzaz without looking too cheezy. The product also provides more than one set of nails so that you don't have to buy a pack each week to keep your manicure up. These are the only waterproof press-on nails which claim to stay on for up to seven days.
One of my review products was product number 62304 (nude matte) provided 36 ultra-shine gel nails, and 6 accent nails. If you use them to your advantage that is at least 4 different applications from one box.
The second product number 58065 were Ultra Gel Shine, and provided 24 Gel Nails (shiny), and 2 skull decorations.
These products are available at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Rite Aid, and Kmart for only $6.99. I feel like this is an awesome price for as many nails as you get.
By following the directions that come in the box to a T it took me about 35 minutes to apply the nails. It suggests that you wait an hour after applying to wash hands or use water. Eventually i had to use water, and the nails held up perfectly. The nails that i used were 58065 Ultra Gel Shine. These nails lasted 6 days instead of 7, but i also wash my hands ALOT, and i feel like this could have been one of the factors in the nails not lasting the full 7 days. I will definitely use these nails until they have been used up, and keep purchasing them. I honestly feel like it is a great price for the number of applications you receive. It is also an affordable way to have a professional looking manicure for much less than a salon look. The product stood up to what it said, and i was honestly impressed because i hadn't used press-on nails since i was very young, and at that point the product was still very unreliable.
Here is a photo of my nails before applying the nails, and what they looked like afterwards.
Have you ever used imPRESS Press-On Manicures? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Welcome to another review from Createyou86. I was provided these Body Merry products from Brandbacker to test, and review. When it comes to creams i have a tendency to be be very skeptical. Most times facial, and body creams claim to do much more than they are capable of, but when i saw this opportunity from Body Merry i had to jump on it. Here are the benefits of using the Body Merry Creams:
- Day-to-Night Eye Gel to help fight bags, dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles
- Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream to help reduce the appearance of unwanted bumps and lumps
- Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream to help diminish the appearance of scars and other marks
I started with the eye cream.
Here are my before, and after photos, you be the judge. Now i stay up very late so i have bags under my eyes, and i am not sure what will get those to go away. I have tried going to be earlier, and it doesn't seem to help. Even using this product two times per day wasn't helpful in that department.
Next i wanted to try the Cellulite Defense Gel, but i found that the gel (which is more of a cream) had a very harsh smell, and i have genetically lucked out in that i don't have any real cellulite trouble areas.
The last product Createyou86 tested was the Stretch Marks & Scars Defense Cream. James, the other half of Createyou86 has had several surgeries in his lifetime, and i thought that his scars were the perfect test for this product. His scars are well pronounced, and he has been looking for a way to minimize the appearance of his scars. Here are the photos of his scars after seven days of using the cream , and some quotes from him as well.
James said that the cream helped with preventing his scar from itching. Most days he itches this scar several times a day. James used the product twice daily. The product smelled like chocolate cake so it was enjoyable for him to use, and the product was not oily at all.
I think that it has helped out a little bit, either the size or thickness of the scar has decreased since starting to use the Body Merry Cream.
I had doubts that the cream would shrink my scar, but i have to say that i am pleasantly surprised after using it for a week how there has been some noticeable change in the scar. I will definitely keep using this product.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Body Merry products. I saw noticeable changes not only in myself, but also in James after using the products. I will definitely be using these products until they are gone, and most likely purchase more in the future. I hope that you enjoyed this review, and that you try these products for yourself.
Have you used Body Merry products before? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Welcome to the fifth post in the September Is A Weird Month Blog Series. Life is stressful...it just is. Weather you work at a high stress job, or you are a stay at home mom stress is there, and sometimes all you want to do is lock yourself in the bathroom with some scented candles, and a book or your ipod and relax. However, there are also those days that you are torn between tackling your to-do list, and being that productive person we all know you can be. Here are some ways to help you unwind after a long stressful day, or when you decide that your to-do list can wait.
1. Drink something warm. Put on those comfy clothes that you would never want anyone seeing you in, and veg on the couch with a warm drink. Maybe you love tea, or maybe you like hot chocolate (one of our favorites), or maybe you are a bit more adventurous, and like spiking some warm apple cider with your alcoholic drink of choice. Either way being relaxed is a state of mind, and any type of warm drink, and comfy clothes can help get you there!
2. Focus on what you HAVE done! Life isn't always about what you haven't been able to get done. Take some time to give yourself and your to-do list a huge pat on the back for the things that you have been able to accomplish in this day, week, month, and year. Maybe even consider taking stock in your planner or talking about it with your significant other over a nice dinner or a coffee date. You are awesome, and it is time to start realizing that!
3. Make it a YOU day. We know you may feel guilty, but there is really no reason to feel guilty about keeping your temple (body/mind) healthy. Sometimes you just need a day for you. So send the kids off to their grandparents/playdate/other parent, or take a mental health day from work and plan something for yourself weather it be a day at the spa, hanging with your girlfriends/guyfriends, locking yourself in your bedroom lighting candles and having some wine, shopping, or doing something else that you enjoy.
4. Try using adult coloring books. These are all the latest craze (in the planning, and journaling world at least). You can find these at most of your local craft stores, or even local book stores. Coloring has been proven to relieve stress. I used to do this in college to relax. It may seem childish, but it is scientifically proven to help reduce stress, you will most likely create something beautiful, and your brain will thank you.
5. If you still find that you don't have the time to relax, but you need an extra recharge try writing down the things that have made you happy so far this week, or what you are grateful for. These little tidbits will be there so that you can go back, and re-read them or add to them anytime you like.. (You can even do this in a meeting on a notepad).
There you have it. Five things that you can do to unwind. Which one of these ideas do you take part in or would you like to start trying one? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another week in review here at Createyou86. Our solution to weekly journaling. Welcome to the end of the week....YOU MADE IT!! This past week was not super exciting, but there are a few things that we can let you in on.
1. You may have seen several new products show up on our Instagram feed. Those reviews are being worked on, and several should be done within this coming week so look out for them.
2. Our September Is a Weird Month Blog Series is in high gear so be sure to check out another post right here tomorrow morning 8:00 am PST.
3. We have to acknowledge that this week was the fourteenth anniversary of 9/11. I personally can't believe that it has been so long. It feel like just yesterday i was sitting in my 10th grade English classroom, and got the news. My uncle was a Fire Chief in upstate NY, and he and his unit responded immediately. It is one of those things that you will remember forever. Where you were when the World Trade Center was attacked. (unless you are younger then you will most likely read about it in the history books). Much like the older generation, and where they were when President Kennedy was shot. It was a day that changed a nation completely. So in remembrance here is a photo of the 9/11 memorial for all that were lost.
4. Yesterday i started reading The Art Of War by Sun Tzu.
This book is completely about Chinese military strategy, and what it takes to have the best army. I however, will be reading this book with one of my coaching clients, and helping her in relating it to life, and blogging so be sure to look out for that blog post in the very near future.
5. Our Blogiversary is quick approaching. We are very excited, and we will be posting it a day early to make it fit with the September Blog series.
Well we hope that you enjoyed reading our happenings this week at Createyou86. Did you get everything on your to-do list done? Let us know in the comments below!
Congratulations! you made it to the fourth post in the Createyou86 September is a Weird Month Blog Series. This is a first time post for me. I have never done a favorites blog post just because everyone does them, but........I LOVE FALL, and so does James (The other half of Createyou86). We wanted to let all of you know a few of our favorite things about fall.
1. Hoodies - I collect Ivy League hoodies. It's just something i enjoy. I love being snuggly on crisp fall nights in my favorite hoodie, or sitting on the couch in front of the fire watching TV, or reading a great book. Here is the next hoodie i would like to add to my collection.
2. Hot Chocolate - James, and i both agree that a favorite fall staple is hot chocolate. Weather you are going to a football game, and need something to keep you warm on a crisp night or you just have a craving for something sweet hot chocolate is the way to go.
3. Fall Decor - Nothing quite makes the season like some great fall decor. This year i will be trying some DIY's, but these faux pumpkins from Pottery Barn are a perfect addition to any home, and will definitely bring about the autumnal feeling.
4. Baking - Let the pumpkin spice & apple everything begin. One of our favorite treats in the fall is Pumpkin Bread. It fills the home with such amazing aromas, and tastes just as amazing as it smells. Another great flavor for fall (especially Thanksgiving) is Apple. The perfect place to get some great fall recipes is Pinterest.
5. Weather- Being in central/southern California has been an amazing experience, but.....and its a big one the weather has left something to be imagined when it comes to fall. Fall in central/southern Cali happens in almost November. Last Halloween it was in the low 80's which isn't fall weather as far as i'm concerned. I grew up in Eastern Pennsylvania where there are true season changes, and the brisk fall weather including morning frosts begins in early September come nightfall. In the east, and northwest also comes the changing of the trees. Fall is one of my favorite times to take nature photos because of the seasonal changes.
There you have it! Five of our favorite things about the fall season. We hope you enjoyed this post. If you do, and would like to see more like it be sure to let us know in the comments below!
What is your favorite thing about fall? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another Transformation Tuesday here at Createyou86.
I was surfing the web, and came across this awesome new opportunity called Reviewsio By Amazon where much like Brandbacker, and Influenster you can get free products from Amazon in exchange for your honest review. These programs are where i find my products to review for this blog, and that i think will help out my readers. PLEASE REMEMBER: I do not post reviews for products unless i have tried them myself, and think that they will positively impact your life in some way. I immediately signed up because being apart of several review programs already it was quick, simple, and didn't require more than your name, a username, and an e-mail address for sign-up. Reviewsio's Program is brand spankin' new! The actual program does not begin until October 1, 2015, but they have some awesome opportunities to earn points before the beginning of the program that you might want to check out.
I am excited to see what types of products the program offers, and how the program will differ from the other programs that i am apart of. Either way if you are looking to get into reviewing products for your blog or YouTube Channel Reviewsio might be a great place to start. I look forward to bringing you some awesome new reviews, and updating you along the way about this new product/service.
Have you heard of this new program? Let us know in the comments below!
*This post contains a referral link
#3 September is a Weird Month: 365 Blog Topic Ideas For The Lifestyle Blogger Who Has Nothing to Write About Book Review
Welcome to the third post in the September Is a Weird Month Blog Series. This is a book that i have had for quite a while, and have been waiting to do a review for. I was hoping that some inspiration would come to me regarding this purchase, but it didn't. There isn't a whole lot that i can say about this book. When i first purchased the book (using an eBay Giftcard) i went through each page, and tabbed each topic as it related to me, and my blog. Green = Money Posts, Yellow = Lifestyle etc.
Overall, i wasn't particularly amazed by this purchase. I feel like i could have gone to Pinterest or a bunch of blog posts from some of the Facebook groups that i follow instead of spending $20.00 on this book. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are in a serious pinch for ideas, and you have exhausted all of Pinterest which is pretty much impossible.
How do you feel about this book? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another Week In Review here at Createyou86. Our solution to weekly journaling.
1. September is here, and we all know what that means.....a new blog series! Check it out! (Below this post!...just scroll) YUP...you read it right September is straight up weird!
2. I have three new reviews coming your way very soon from books to beauty so be sure to come back, and check those out.
3. Createyou86 has reached 1600 followers on Instagram ! We are so thankful for all of our followers, and readers so a sincere thank you is sent your way! We still have the 1500 follower sale going on at the Fauxdori Store, and here is the associated ad for it as well.
3 & 1/2. I will have a special blog post pertaining to how we attained these numbers soon!
4. Last, but not least i want to invite our readers to join our Mastermind Facebook Group. Are you looking for a group of likeminded individuals who love planning, blogging, and organization? Are you looking for a group to help grow your blog? Join the Createyou86 Planning, and Blogging Mastermind Group on Facebook Feel free to share this group with anyone, and everyone who you think might benefit from it! Everyone is welcome. I am looking for people to take part in the Createyou86 Conference which you can get more information about after joining the group!
Thanks for taking some time to see how our week was! Did you get all of the things on your To-Do list completed? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to the second post in the September is a Weird Month Blog Series. This series is going to be featuring a a bunch of different posts. September, and the beginning of fall brings about new fall recipes to try, and burgers are one of my favorite things to make because there are pretty much infinite things that you can add to hamburger to make an amazing burger.. I have been making burgers since a pretty young age (probably 10 years old). This was a way i could be creative, and relatively safe (i was tall enough at 10 years old to see over the grill, and make good decisions around fire!!)
Speaking of burgers today James, and I tried Jack-In-The-Boxes "Buttery Jack Burger". The bun was an egg bread, and the burger was a really decent size. There was a butter sauce, swiss cheese, and bacon (there were 3 different kinds, but i am a basic burger type of woman!). Needless to say this was basically a heart attack on a plate, but for a fast food burger it was really pretty decent.
Here are a few ideas i have for mixing ingredients into your hamburger before cooking to make an awesome burger:
Are there any special ingredients that you use to make the perfect burger? Let us know in the coments below!
Welcome to our September blog Series at Createyou86!
You might be wondering why this series has such a strange name. Let me explain! I personally find September to be a very weird month mostly because being a blogger, September is a strange in-between month to write for if you do not have children or are not going to school. Although, this blog is primarily about planning, organization, and the such, and there are tons of new school supplies, and planning supplies, planners, and other things that i could be reviewing or telling you about i feel like doing back to school posts would be counter productive when i can't give an honest account about going back to school, and i do not have children who are going to school either. We talked last month about purging planner goodies, and i have been on a mission using everything that i have available, and i have not purchased any new planner goodies for about two-three months now. It feels good to use what i have, and it will help in the overall moving of things back to Pennsylvania come November. In addition, it is KIND OF the beginning of fall (which is super exciting: look out for that post in this series!), but not until later in the month, and here in Central/Southern California we have still been experiencing 100 degree weather this week. I honestly cannot wait to get back to Pennsylvania, and feel the cool/cold Fall air again!
Friday September 25, 2015 will mark our 1 year Blogiversary, and we are so excited to be sharing that with all of you. We will be posting about it the day before (Thursday 24).
While there will not be "schooley" posts this month there is sure to be something you will enjoy in this series as we take a different approach to the month of September. Here is a pretty picture to show how happy we are for fall, and to welcome you to this series.
What is your favorite thing about September? Let us know in the comments below!
Welcome to another Transformation Tuesday at Createyou86. This will be an update (a rather large one i might add!)
Welcome to a new sort of challenge. One that seems ominous, and never ending, but attainable in so many ways. Many of you may have heard of the 101 in 1001 challenge, and this is what it is. You make a list of 101 goals you wish to achieve in 1001 days. I made our list (My fiance, and my) a few weeks ago, but decided to make it retroactive to January 1, 2015. That means that our list will end on January 1, 2018. I tried to make our goals attainable, even though at this point some of them seem a bit of a stretch, i have all of the faith in the world that we will complete the list, and if we don't, i can at least say we tried our darnedest. Our list is as follows: If the item has an (*) it has been completed.
I will update our progress along the way
101 in 1001
1. Read a new blog every week *
2. Visit NYC with James
3. Use an agenda for 1 year *
4. Make first $1 blogging *8/11/15
5. Get 1,000 Youtube subs
6. Write 500 blog posts
7. Start to lose weight
8. Have a romantic getaway *
9. Learn a new recipe (Make it great)
10. Collaborate with 10 bloggers (Complete!) 7/1/15
11. Attend a blogging conference
12. Try a blog linkup * Done July 2015
13. Grow my hair much longer
14. Wear lipstick for a week * 4/27-5/3 (Influenster Vox Box)
15. Get married
16. Get a job or blog for work
17. Try not swearing for 10 days
18. Own an A5 Filofax ** I have an A5 type filo from Goodwill!
19. Make 10 Fauxdori sales *
20. Reach 5,000 followers on Instagram
21. Attend Jessie's Wedding * 5/31/15
22. Have a baby
23. Go to Daiso (Maybe NYC)
24. Studio L2E planner stamps * Decided i don't need these after doing crafting purge.
25. Get James a PS4 * We decided on an XBOX ONE, and got it for only $55.00!
26. Simplify my planner needs *
27. Try relearning French *tried in April and still working on it for July, and on.
28. Try learning Spanish * Same as above!
29. Get a new T.V.
30. Create business cards * Made my own 4/24/15
31. Visit a new state * Will accomplish starting November 2015 driving cross country.
32. Create and maintain a coaching site *
33. Visit a new city *
34. Bring new content to YouTube *
35. Bring new content to the blog *
36. Collaborate with a major brand
37. Try a new food
38. Try a new restaurant *
39. Wear my hair down more
40. Print/frame engagement photos *
41. Hire volunteers for Createyou86 or CY86Design *Decided that we no longer need volunteers.
42. Make a new friend
43. Get phone working/get new phone * Kind of started working 4/16
44. Watch 10X Classic movies
45. Have a monthly goals list *
46. Go to the beach *
47. Visit a local museum
48. Keep up with hydration *
49. Change name after marriage
50. Compliment someone every day
51. Visit a national park
52. See a play
53. Unplug for an hour a day * Previously blogged about this August Series.
54. Go on a lunch date *
55. Complete a no spend month *
56. Make a time capsule
57. Prepare emergency kit for car/house *For our trip
58. Start a family tradition
59. De-stash crafts * The past 2 weeks Goodwill, and trash!
60. Create a piece of original art.*
61. Complete a photochallenge *
62. Go to a wine tasting
63. Picnic in the park
64. Massage by candlelight *
65. Be featured on a blog
66. New daily blogs * May Blog Challenge (Series)
67. Interview a respected coblogger
68. Create 3 new blog series * Completed
69. Connect a person with a fellow blogger
70. Upgrade our websites
71. Create / stick to an editorial calendar * Blog series!
72. Pull a creative all nighter *
73. Win a contest (s) * 5/201/15
74. Beat Harvest Moon (TOD) * Sold this game
75. Don't drink soda for a week * March
76. Finish Grey's Anatomy (series) *
77. Go to a music Festival
78. Finish Glee Series * March
79.Update my resume
80. Collab with an organization brand * Samsill
81. Do consistent research for the blog *
82. Buy Torre Birch flats.
83. Invest in new makeup * Voxbox 4/27/15
84. Get new glasses * July 2015
85. Make 10X Pinterest projects
86. Get a new tattoo
87. Pay it forward
88. Go to a professional sports event
89. Relearn how to dance (J)
90. Have our own place/move
91. Conquer a fear
92. Fix a relationship (J) 5/12/15
93. Stick to a budget * Savings for our trip.
94. Open a savings account
95. Go on a cruise/honeymoon
96. Eat healthy for 2 weeks
97. Try something completely new
98. Purchase Createyou86/CY86Design stationary * Don't need right now
99. Get in shape / join the gym
100. Try getting a license (J)
101. Document our progress * Update #1 9/1/15
******* Objects with an asterisk have been completed
Update # 1 - 9/1/15
I now challenge all of you to take the 101 in 1001 challenge, and i look forward to reading about the things that you conquer! Our 101 in 1001 runs from
January 1, 2015
January 1, 2018