Welcome to day eight of the Createyou86 May A-Z Blog Challenge. Today I wanted to let you all in on one of my favorite recipe's that my mother makes, and has made for me for quite a while! This might sound crazy, but it is a potato salad. Here is a little tidbit about Emily from Createyou86. I HATE MAYONNAISE! However, there are certain foods that have mayonnaise in them that I will eat. My moms potato salad is one of them. Here is the very simple recipe:
Mom's Potato Salad
1. Half bag non peeled red potatoes.
2. Boil until relatively soft.
3. Allow potatoes to sit in a strainer in the sink (until excess water and starch have drained).
4. Place in bowl, cover, and place in refrigerator to cool.
When potatoes are cool remove from refrigerator.
5. Add 1 large onion diced.
6. Add 5-6 pieces of cooked bacon (cut in small pieces)
7. Add dill to taste.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste
9. Add desired amount of mayonnaise (you may need more than normal because the potatoes will soak it up, and you don't want it to be dry.)
10. Mix thoroughly.
11. Serve and enjoy!
What was your favorite recipe from when you were growing up? Let us know in the comments below!
Be sure to follow
@Davishingmundo on their blog challenge journeys. You can also share your journey with Createyou86 by tagging us #CY86Blogchallenge.
Come back on Monday for (I) In My Humble Opinion.